Today, more than 900 individuals have earned the designation through a combination of practical experience, formal study, and successful completion of a comprehensive, nationwide examination.
CMTSEs demonstrate their knowledge in areas including:
- Machine Tool Design
- Capital Investment Justification
- CNC Technology & Machine Control
- The Selling Process
- Cutting Tool Technology
- Metalworking Technology
- Territory & Customer Development
- Machine Tool Accuracy
- Business/Commercial Practices & Ethics
- Randy Breitenbach, Action Machinery International, Inc., Englewood, Colo.
- Justin Caravella, CNC Engineering, Inc., Enfield, Conn.
- Darren Daniel, Mazak Corp. - Southeast Technology Center, Suwanee, Ga.
- Bradley Haas, Kansas-Oklahoma Machine Tools, Inc., Wichita, Kan.
- Andrew B. Pettibone, Drewco Corporation, Franksville, Wis.
- Ronald A. Pieper, CMTSE, TechSolve, Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio
- Dennis J. Schwartzmiller, Mid Atlantic Machinery, Inc., Moon Township, Pa.
- Thomas J. Weaver, Action Machinery LLC., Salt Lake City, Utah
- Samuel Winn, Omron Electronics, Inc., Downers Grove, Ill.
For more information about becoming a CMTSE, contact Clara Mora at 703-827-5276 or cmora@AMTonline.org.