Global Technology Advisory Board
The AMT membership is continually seeking innovative methods to stay ahead of the curve on new manufacturing techniques, technologies and customer requirements. The Global Technology Advisory Board is a key source of ideas and information.
The role of the Board is to:
Ideas generated by the Advisory Board have been published as "Trends in Manufacturing" and will also be used as the basis for updating AMT's "Technology Roadmap for the Machine Tool Industry."
- Identify and discuss global manufacturing production trends
- Identify technology issues impacting manufacturing productivity
- Identify and forecast common global end-user manufacturing technology needs
- Discuss and identify technology enablers requiring commercialization
- Assist in the identification of R&D programs addressing the above identified technology needs
Members of the Advisory Board include representatives from:
General Dynamics - OTS
General Motors Corporation
National Center for Defense Manufacturing & Machining (NCDMM)
National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
Pratt & Whitney, Canada
Remmele Engineering Inc.
Sikorsky Innovations - Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Southern Manufacturing Technologies, Inc.
The Timken Company
University of North Carolina @ Charlotte
U.S. Army Research Lab
For additional information, contact Paul Warndorf, V.P.-Manufacturing Technology, at 703-827-5291 or pwarndorf@AMTonline.org