Mr. Shinbara brings to the position extensive industry engineering and manufacturing technology experience and has carved out a recognized industry niche with his extensive knowledge of additive manufacturing technologies. He resides on the Executive Committee of America Makes – the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute (NAMII) and is the AMT liaison for the Additive Working Group and Technology Issues Committee for members within AMT. He also:
- Assists members with a wide range of information and research activities on equipment, technical, and engineering matters.
- Advises on technology trends, Research and Development (R&D) opportunities and funding sources, etc.
- Sponsors and participates in many advisory groups and committees to gather technical data and guide the research community in the promotion of manufacturing technology in the U.S.
- Promotes and participates in the development of the MTConnect standard aimed at addressing interoperability issues in the collection of data from devices on the manufacturing floor.
- Provides support to the development of international standards for machine tool products.