AMT has two services to accommodate these needs. One is the China Market Penetration Strategy Development Session for those members who are new to China and want to develop their company’s sales and marketing strategy for today’s China. The other is a Review Session for Your Existing China Market Penetration Strategy, which is designed to help you validate and invigorate your existing sales and marketing strategy for today’s China.
This is a one-day face-to-face discussion between AMT staff and your executives/managers responsible for the China market. You will fill out a questionnaire in advance and we will discuss your concerns one-by-one during the meeting. Contact Li Xingbin at lixingbin@AMTChina.org to schedule a session with your company.
How does it hurt my sales efforts if my customer fails in getting a business visa to the U.S. and how can AMT help?
In selling to Chinese customers, having the customer visit your plant or headquarters in the U.S. is one of the things they expect from you. They may want to do this before the purchase to understand better your technology and capacity. They may want to do this during the implementation of the contract to receive training or do acceptance. They may want to do this after the sales are done for further training or future projects. They may want to do this simply as entertainment to please their boss. Whichever is the case, visiting you in the U.S. is often one of the keys in closing the deal.
The current business visa situation is not very encouraging for Chinese customers. While AMT cannot change the visa system, there are two things we can do.
- If your own staff or customer plans to apply for the American business visa, contact us and we will provide lists of documents they need to present and possible questions they need to answer for the visa interview with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Upon request, we can also meet the applicants in advance to help them understand the procedure and preparation for their application.
- If your staff or customer has been denied a business visa, contact us and we may be able to find out why the application has been denied and how to prepare better for the next interview. We also provide advice to members’ U.S. headquarters on how to prepare good letters of invitation for your Chinese staff or customer. And in case of previous visa denial, we provide advice on how to advocate for the applicants.
Which are the major industrial shows in China that I should consider participating and what are the benefits of being part of the AMT/USA pavilion?
AMT provides a listing of major industrial shows where AMT China will have an information booth and in some cases an AMT/USA Pavilion. If you are looking for local shows for specific products, e.g. welding, laser working, HVAC, let us know and we will search and verify the related shows for you upon request.
AMT has an AMT/USA pavilion at two major industrial shows in China, CIMT in Beijing and Metalworking and CNC Machine Tool Show (MWCS) in Shanghai. Exhibiting under the AMT/USA pavilion, you will enjoy:
- Good location and maximum exposure
- Uniform booth logo and banner design
- Visible joint advertisement by AMT listed in the AMT show directory
- Sharing business contacts, trade leads received at AMT info booth
- Synergy with other American exhibitors - Brand awareness of ‘Made in USA’
- Customer and government networking at AMT receptions
- Customer and government networking at show organizers receptions
- On site assistance in translation, logistics, booth set-up, business activities
- Rest and meeting areas with snacks, coffee, printer, fax and computers
- Getting trade leads
- Discovering new customers
- Knowing competition
- Knowing potential partners
- Finding potential agents
- Finding potential suppliers
- Finding staff candidates