March U.S. cutting tool consumption totaled $184.08 million according to the U.S. Cutting Tool Institute (USCTI) and AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology. This total, as reported by companies participating in the Cutting Tool Market Report (CTMR) collaboration, was up 6.2% from February’s $173.38 million and down 7.9% when compared with the total of $199.89 million reported for March 2015. With a year-to-date total of $516.12 million, 2016 was down 8.5% when compared with 2015.(more)
AMT and the China Machine Tool and Tool Builders' Association (CMTBA) have announced the launch of the China Chongqing International Machine Tool Show (CCIMT) to be held November 13 – 16, 2017, at the Chongqing International Expo Center, Yubei, Chongqing, China.(more)
There are ample learning opportunities during IMTS with nine conferences on a variety of topics. The IMTS 2016 Conference runs from Sept 12-15 and focuses on continuous improvement with five topic tracks: process innovations, alternative manufacturing, plant operations, automation and quality. Ssign-up for a 1-day pass or the full program. Engage with the IMTS exhibitors AND learn at the conferences!(more)
AMT's goal is to provide the programs and services that will grow members' businesses in every facet--product innovation, market expansion, employee development - and to represent and promote members and the manufacturing technology (MT) industry to the world at large. Find out if your company is eligible for AMT membership.
At AMT, we understand that our members have two main objectives in running their businesses – increasing sales and decreasing costs! Understanding this fundamental perspective, we strive to address this need in specific ways.
- Providing access to markets in the U.S. and around the world.
- Producing industry intelligence that will position your business for success and allow you to make informed decisions.
- We bolster those core solutions with unique networking and engagement opportunities, by hosting industry events; advocating for the industry; building a Smartforce; and providing access to leading edge, and potentially disruptive, technologies.
Anywhere in the world you want to be, AMT is uniquely positioned to build sales and support your business. AMT’s Global Services range from domestic business support to full-service tech centers. We provide access to markets in the United States and around the world.
Explore a foreign market by participating in an AMT/USA pavilion or AMT oversea technical center. Utilize an AMT foreign office or visit your potential customers where the purchasing decisions are made with AMT trade missions.
- Newly accepted production technologies
- Greatest needs and challenges still remaining
- Areas of interest within R&D
MTConnect is an open communication standard that provides the capability to pass data from machine tools to higher level systems for further processing using the XML-based standard.
The ANSI B11 series of American National Standards and Technical Reports deal with machine tool safety and specify requirements for both the suppliers and users of the machines.
The Metalworking Skill Standards are common skills and competencies a worker needs to perform well on the job.
Knowledge of the current and coming economic environment, as well as the manufacturing technology industry and its customers is the key to strategic planning. Gain this data and accompanying analysis from AMT's Global Forecasting & Marketing Package (GFMP).
We provide unique analysis of trends impacting your company, markets and customers.
- United States Manufacturing Technology Orders (USMTO) - The only valid benchmark for market share and the best barometer of your customers' business.
- MTInsight allows you to visualize economic trends, pinpoint market share and review potential capital investment worldwide.
- On-demand market research tailored to your company's needs