This report is presented in five sections: Executive Summary, Analysis by Product Segment, Analysis by Business Segment, Analysis by Sales Size, Profitability Analysis, and Analysis of Variance.
- Executive Summary—The summary provides an overview of the study results, with emphasis on the differences between the median firm and the high profit company.
- Product Segment Analysis—Reviews performance of AMT members segmented by the primary products produced: Material Removal Machines, Material Forming, Fabricating and Material Handling Equipment, Automated Cells & Systems, Cutting Tools & Holders, Workholding Products. Detailed results in each section examine general information, operations, quality and measures, sales, organization, and safety & insurance.
- Business Segment Analysis—Reviews performance of AMT members segmented by their business orientation: Design/Build Special Machines, Customized Machines, Standard Machines, or Resale Machines & Components.
- Sales Size Analysis—Reviews performance of AMT members segmented by their sales category: Under $10 million, $10 - $20 million, $20 - $40 million, Over $40 million.
- Profitability Analysis—Profit is the definitive benchmark measure of success. This section displays operating metrics segregated by profit category
- Analysis of Variance—Analysis of Variance provides the range of common experience, Lower (1st) and Upper (3rd) quartile results, for each of the ratios and measures.