Institute for Trend Research Economics
Key takeaways from my presentation, Good Days Ahead:
- The demand for metalworking machinery, robotics, an analysis of foreign economies
- The likely impact on the United States, global competitive positioning, and any impact from the November election.
- In addition to the general trends, we will discuss: labor issues, interest rates, business-to-business activity, consumer activity, key markets, the likely impact of all the above on individual business.
Key takeaways from my workshop, Forecasting 101:Dig deep into the forecasting process:
- Determine your current position in the market
- Figure out how that position fits into our economy
- Calculate a 6-month projection
- Develop steps to attain that position
Bio:One of the country’s most informed economists, Alan has been consulting with companies throughout the United States, Europe, and Japan on how to forecast, plan, and increase their profits based on business cycle trend analysis. He is the senior economic advisor to NAW and the chief economist for HARDI. Alan is co-author, along with his brother Brian, of the book Make Your Move: Change the Way You Look at Your Business and Increase Your Bottom Line, and has written numerous articles on economic analysis. Prior to joining the Institute, Alan was a principal in a steel fabrication company and also in a software development company.