AMT's 2013-14 Global Forecast Package
AMT offers a year-round package of forecasts from several different sources, and AMT members who attend the annual Global Forecasting & Marketing Conference (GFMC) automatically receive access to all of the benefits of the 2013-2014 Forecast Package. Unable to attend the conference? You can still participate and have access to all the other benefits listed below.
Your registration to the conference initiates your participation in the Forecast Package, which includes:
**Purchase the Package Here!**
Below are some photos of GFMC!
Contact Pam Patten at ppatten@AMTonline.org
if you have questions about any of the elements of AMT's Global Forecast Package.
Global Forecasting & Marketing Conference
AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology represents the producers and distributors of manufacturing technology and the components in that equipment.
- The Global Forecasting & Marketing Conference was initiated in 1972. We celebrated our 40th Anniversary at the 2012 GFMC. Two AMT committees (Economic & Statistics and Global Marketing & Sales) are responsible each year for formulating the conference theme and deciding on speakers that are relevant for AMT member businesses. The conference is located near industrial centers in conducting business with their customer before, after and during the conference.
- At the request of attendees, the program was modified for 2013 to accommodate travel in and out of the sponsoring city so as not to miss important speakers.
- Welcome Reception night before Day 1
- Day 1 is a full day – with concurrent sessions in the afternoon
- Day 2 is a half day
Networking was the #1 reason respondents gave on our survey for attending the GFMC every year. We made sure to offer numerous opportunities for attendees to network with one’s peers/business associates.
||“I use it for a terrific networking experience. Having come here for many years, I get a chance to see the people in this industry and then talk to them face-to-face about what they’re seeing in their customer base and what their expectations are. Also it gives me the opportunity to do that networking and to really think about the business from one on one interactions.” - Don Lane, CEO, Makino
Participation in last year’s conference included approximately 200 executives from 130 companies. The common thread among the participants is their roles and responsibilities in business/corporate strategy and projecting/setting sales goals.
We expect that there will be around 200+ executives at this year’s conference from companies in the business of production machinery, contract machining, assembly, finance, capital equipment distribution and brokerage firms.
This annual conference provides senior executives from members of the sponsoring association and guests with a business outlook for the next two years and insights into the long-term trends in key customer industries.
Economists at this Conference:
• Alan Beaulieu, President, ITR Economics
• Steve Kline, Jr., Director of Market Intelligence, Gardner Business Media
• Kim Korth, President, IRN, Inc.
• Eli Lustgarten, Senior Vice President, Longbow Securities
• John Walker, Chairman, Oxford Economics
The conference also hosts industry executives from key customer markets who address one to three current issues impacting their industry’s market condition, production processes or technology trends. These insights help the participants in their efforts to judge how to prepare for these challenges in these industries over the next year.
Conference attendees are provided a USB drive upon check-in at the registration desk. The entire binder of materials is included on this drive – the program agenda, breakout session descriptions, floor plan of the hotel meeting areas, list of attendees, and each speaker’s presentation slides (if they were provided). There will be onsite download stations (computers) that contain updates of any materials and speaker presentations. Some speakers bring updated versions of their presentations to the conference, so we add them to the download stations.
Soon after the Global Forecasting & Marketing Conference, conference attendees will be notified that they will have access to each speaker’s presentation slides and recordings in the Group Files section of www.AMTonline.org
2013 Keynote Speaker
• Adam Feinberg, VP of International Sales, United Parcel Service (UPS)
Past Keynote Speakers
• Dr. Larry Sabato, Director, University of Virginia – Center for Politics
• Angel Martinez, Mgr., Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Caterpillar Inc.
• Ken Gronbach, Principal, KGC Direct LLC
• Ira Blumenthal, President, Co-Opportunities, Inc.
• Charles Knight, Chairman of the Board, Emerson
• Dr. Gene Stanaland, President, GSE Inc.
• Richard Noble, Project Director, The BLOODHOUND Project
• Larry Chimerine, President, Radnor International Consulting Inc.
Past Notable Speakers
• Richard Aboulafia, Vice President, Analysis, Teal Corporation
• Brady Shirley, CEO, imds
• James P. Meil, V.P. & Chief Economist, Eaton Corporation
• Ellen Hughes-Cromwick, Chief Economist, Ford Motor Company