Certified Manufacturing Technology Sales Engineer (CMTSE)
The Certified Manufacturing Technology Sales Engineer (CMTSE) Program is the only nationally recognized program that acknowledges individuals who possess the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively perform as manufacturing technology sales engineers.
Since 1993, more than a thousand individuals have taken the CMTSE exam and have earned the CMTSE designation through a combination of practical experience, formal study and successful completion of a comprehensive, nationwide examination.
CMTSEs Demonstrate Their Knowledge in:
• Machine Tool Design
• CNC Technology & Machine Control
• Cutting Tool Technology
• Metalworking Technology
• Machine Tool Accuracy
• Capital Investment Justification
• The Selling Process
• Responding to Customer Needs
• Territory Management
• Business/Commercial Practices
Next Certification Exams
Registration Deadline: December 21, 2018
Registration Deadline: March 13, 2019
CMTSE exam questions are developed by the Certification Committee. The exam is a knowledge-based, online exam consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions. Candidates have three hours to complete the examination.
» Sales Engineer Job Analysis » Why Do CMTSE's Take the Test » Testimonials » Candidate Handbook » Eligibility Requirements
RecertificationRecertification Deadline: November 1, 2018 for CMTSEs who earned the credential or last recertified in 2015.
» Additional Options to earn Professional Development Points (PDPs):
- Online Additive Manufacturing classes that qualify for 4 Professional Development Points for CMTSE Re-Certification.
These classes were co-developed by Cuyahoga Community College, ToolingU/SME and America Makes.
- Online Quality Suite (10-class-bundle) that qualifies for 2 PDPs for CMTSE Re-certification.
The content of these classes is for individuals who must understand the importance of quality and take steps toward improving
The CMTSE program is supported by:
- AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology
- The National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA)
- Precision Metalforming Association (PMA)
- The Machinery Dealer's National Association (MDNA)
- Canadian Machine Tool Distributors' Association (CMTDA)
If you have any questions, please contact Clara Mora at email@example.com or call 703-827-5276.
Note: As of January 2013, after careful consideration, the CMTSE sub-committee decided that replacing "Machine Tool" in the CMTSE name with "Manufacturing Technology" is appropriate considering the depth of the knowledge that CMTSEs require in the entire manufacturing process.