MTConnect® Institute Releases Version 1.5.0 of the MTConnect Standard McLean, Va. (December 16, 2019) - The MTConnect Institute, standard development organization for MTConnect, announces the release of Version 1.5.0 of the MTConnect standard, the world’s only free, open semantic vocabulary for discrete manufacturing. This version includes:
- New data items and information models for additive manufacturing including material system, deposition system, volumetric units, wait states
- New data items for robotic machine tending including part detect
- Expanded data items for machine tools including variables, program nesting level, program source, streaming variables, native units
- Expanded data items for cutting tools including tool offset variable and tool group
- New data items and information models for complex manufacturing systems including relationships and new event type references by device ID
- Bug fixes and editorial corrections
Download the Version 1.5 MTConnect C++ agent at https://github.com/mtconnect/cppagent.
Download Version 1.5.0 and other MTConnect releases at www.mtconnect.org/documents.
MTConnect is an open, royalty-free standard that provides a semantic vocabulary for manufacturing devices. It reduces the cost and complexity of system integration and fosters interoperability for the factory.
The MTConnect Institute is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit standards development organization for the MTConnect standard. The Institute is a subsidiary of AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology. Its mission is to create open standards to foster greater interoperability between devices and clients by defining the structure and terminology used in communications in the discrete parts manufacturing sector.
AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology represents and promotes U.S.-based manufacturing technology and its members—those who design, build, sell, and service the continuously evolving technology that lies at the heart of manufacturing. Founded in 1902 and based in Virginia, the association specializes in providing targeted business assistance, extensive global support, and business intelligence systems and analysis. AMT is the voice that communicates the importance of policies and programs that encourage research and innovation, and the development of educational initiatives to create tomorrow’s Smartforce. AMT owns and manages IMTS — The International Manufacturing Technology Show, which is the premier manufacturing technology event in North America.