In recent months, there has been very good news on the jobs front in manufacturing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, manufacturing has averaged an increase of 18,000 jobs per month over the past twelve months. Wages have been increasing in recent quarters as well.(more)
Wish #1: Obtain a qualified list of potential customers with quantifiable communication management.
Gift: IMTS Exhibitor Passport
IMTS Exhibitor Passport gives you exclusive access to all contact information for IMTS 2018 and IMTS 2016 visitors. Equipped with built-in analytics and communication tools for sending targeted emails and downloading addresses, IMTS Exhibitor Passport automatically matches exhibitors’ product categories to the visitors’ self-selected interests, which is the magic of this product.(more)
Phillips Corporation is now utilizing the potential of augmented reality technology to improve training to its worldwide team of field service engineers, including initial training of new engineers and supporting seasoned engineers, while also directly supporting customers working on their own equipment.(more)
When the dust finally settled on the mid-term elections, Democrats gained a net 39 seats, shifting control of the House of Representatives to the democrats. Republicans strengthened their majority in the Senate with a net pickup of three seats. Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Mitch McConnell will lead their respective bodies in the 116th Congress. How will the new faces and a divided leadership impact the policy agenda? Here’s a look at several topics being discussed:(more)
AMT's goal is to provide the programs and services that will grow members' businesses in every facet - -product innovation, market expansion, employee development - and to represent and promote members and the manufacturing technology (MT) industry to the world at large. Find out if your company is eligible for AMT membership.
At AMT, we understand that our members have two main objectives in running their businesses – increasing sales and decreasing costs! Understanding this fundamental perspective, we strive to address this need in specific ways.
- Providing access to markets in the U.S. and around the world.
- Producing industry intelligence that will position your business for success and allow you to make informed decisions.
- We bolster those core solutions with unique networking and engagement opportunities, by hosting industry events; advocating for the industry; building a Smartforce; and providing access to leading edge, and potentially disruptive, technologies.
Anywhere in the world you want to be, AMT is uniquely positioned to build sales and support your business. AMT’s Global Services range from domestic business support to full-service tech centers. We provide access to markets in the United States and around the world.
Explore a foreign market by participating in an AMT/USA pavilion or AMT oversea technical center. Utilize an AMT foreign office or visit your potential customers where the purchasing decisions are made with AMT trade missions.
- Newly accepted production technologies
- Greatest needs and challenges still remaining
- Areas of interest within R&D
MTConnect is an open communication standard that provides the capability to pass data from machine tools to higher level systems for further processing using the XML-based standard.
The ANSI B11 series of American National Standards and Technical Reports deal with machine tool safety and specify requirements for both the suppliers and users of the machines.
The Metalworking Skill Standards are common skills and competencies a worker needs to perform well on the job.
Knowledge of the current and coming economic environment, as well as the manufacturing technology industry and its customers is the key to strategic planning. Gain this data and accompanying analysis from AMT's Global Forecasting & Marketing Package (GFMP).
We provide unique analysis of trends impacting your company, markets and customers.
- United States Manufacturing Technology Orders (USMTO) - The only valid benchmark for market share and the best barometer of your customers' business.
- MTInsight allows you to visualize economic trends, pinpoint market share and review potential capital investment worldwide.
- On-demand market research tailored to your company's needs