June 2019 U.S. cutting tool consumption totaled $198.9 million according to the United States. Cutting Tool Institute (USCTI) and AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology. This total, as reported by companies participating in the Cutting Tool Market Report collaboration, was down 6.8 percent from May's $213.4 million and down 6.3 percent when compared with the $212.4 million reported for June 2018. With a year-to-date total of $1.25 billion, 2019 is up 3.2 percent when compared with 2018.(more)
Until recently, unpacking my clothes on a business trip was something I never thought about. Not long ago, a few of us weary travelers were at a bar, (of course), waiting out a flight delay (again, of course) talking about how we do everything in our power to make sure everything we pack fits in our carry-on. One of my colleagues brought up the Three Night Rule for unpacking. I said, “The Three Night Rule—what’s that?” He replied that on any trip of three nights or less, he does not unpack his clothes. “Why?” I asked. He explained that it was a waste of time to unpack and repack his clothes for such a short trip. Huh. Not unpacking clothes? Who knew? I’ve read lots of articles about the art of packing for a trip, but never about unpacking.(more)
AMT's goal is to provide the programs and services that will grow members' businesses in every facet - -product innovation, market expansion, employee development - and to represent and promote members and the manufacturing technology (MT) industry to the world at large. Find out if your company is eligible for AMT membership.
At AMT, we understand that our members have two main objectives in running their businesses – increasing sales and decreasing costs! Understanding this fundamental perspective, we strive to address this need in specific ways.
- Providing access to markets in the U.S. and around the world.
- Producing industry intelligence that will position your business for success and allow you to make informed decisions.
- We bolster those core solutions with unique networking and engagement opportunities, by hosting industry events; advocating for the industry; building a Smartforce; and providing access to leading edge, and potentially disruptive, technologies.
Anywhere in the world you want to be, AMT is uniquely positioned to build sales and support your business. AMT’s Global Services range from domestic business support to full-service tech centers. We provide access to markets in the United States and around the world.
Explore a foreign market by participating in an AMT/USA pavilion or AMT oversea technical center. Utilize an AMT foreign office or visit your potential customers where the purchasing decisions are made with AMT trade missions.
- Newly accepted production technologies
- Greatest needs and challenges still remaining
- Areas of interest within R&D
MTConnect is an open communication standard that provides the capability to pass data from machine tools to higher level systems for further processing using the XML-based standard.
The ANSI B11 series of American National Standards and Technical Reports deal with machine tool safety and specify requirements for both the suppliers and users of the machines.
The Metalworking Skill Standards are common skills and competencies a worker needs to perform well on the job.
Knowledge of the current and coming economic environment, as well as the manufacturing technology industry and its customers is the key to strategic planning. Gain this data and accompanying analysis from AMT's Global Forecasting & Marketing Package (GFMP).
We provide unique analysis of trends impacting your company, markets and customers.
- United States Manufacturing Technology Orders (USMTO) - The only valid benchmark for market share and the best barometer of your customers' business.
- MTInsight allows you to visualize economic trends, pinpoint market share and review potential capital investment worldwide.
- On-demand market research tailored to your company's needs